Last modified: 01/22/2020
The Website is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using the Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with VEI Solutions and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
Accessing the Website
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website; and
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website or Social Media Accounts contain trademarks, trade names, content, features, functionality, video, audio, images, displays, works of authorship, text, files, photos, designs and other material of VEI Solutions (“VEI Solutions Content”). VEI Solutions Content and all Intellectual Property Rights (defined herein) thereto are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other proprietary or Intellectual Property Rights laws and VEI Solutions or its licensors is and shall at all times remain the sole and exclusive owner of the VEI Solutions Content and all Intellectual Property Rights thereto. VEI Solutions hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the VEI Solutions Content (excluding any software code) solely for your business use in connection with viewing or using the Website or Social Media Accounts. Except as expressly authorized by VEI Solutions, you agree not to modify, copy, frame, scrape, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Website or Social Media Accounts, or the VEI Solutions Content, in whole or in part. In connection with your use of the Website or Social Media Accounts, you shall not engage in or use any data mining, robots, scraping or similar data gathering or extraction methods. Any use of the Website or Social Media Accounts other than as specifically authorized herein is strictly prohibited. The technology underlying any of the Website or Social Media Accounts is the property of VEI Solutions, our affiliates, licensors, and/or contractors. You agree not to copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, or otherwise transfer any right in the Website or Social Media Accounts. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by VEI Solutions.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials;
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes;
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution; and
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
The name “VEI Solutions” and all other VEI Solutions marks, logos, product and service names, designs, and phrases that we use on the Website or in connection with our products and services are trademarks, service marks, or trade dress of VEI Solutions or its affiliates or licensors. You may not use such marks without the express written prior permission of VEI Solutions. Other company, product, and service names and logos used and displayed through the Website or Social Media Accounts may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners who may or may not endorse or be affiliated with or connected to VEI Solutions and may not be used by you without permission. Any use of such marks, or any others displayed on through the Website or Social Media Accounts, will inure solely to the benefit of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries);
- use the Website if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example, if you are under 18 years old), or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using the Website;
- manipulate or interfere with any other user’s posting or content on or use of the Website;
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way, including by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation;
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate VEI Solutions, a VEI Solutions employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing);
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm VEI Solutions or users of the Website or expose them to liability;
- Impersonate another person or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Hide or attempt to hide your identity; or
- Distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website;
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website, except with the prior express permission of VEI Solutions;
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent;
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website or imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Upload, introduce, or distribute invalid data, Trojan horses, logic bombs, viruses, worms, or any other technologies or materials that is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website;
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack;
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website;
- Interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Website;
- Export or re-export any VEI Solutions application or tool, except in compliance with the export control laws of any relevant jurisdictions and in accordance with posted rules and restrictions;
- Infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, publicity, moral, database, and/or other intellectual property rights (collectively, “Intellectual Property Rights”) that belong to or are licensed to VEI Solutions including, without limitation, reproducing, performing, displaying, distributing, copying, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or preparing derivative works from content that belongs to VEI Solutions;
- Infringe any Intellectual Property Rights that belong to third parties or post content that does not belong to you;
- Commercialize any VEI Solutions application or any information or software associated with such application, except with the prior express permission of VEI Solutions;
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including account names, from the Website; or
- Circumvent any technical measures we use to provide the Website.
Submissions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, Submissions must not:
- contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable;
- promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- infringe any Intellectual Property Rights or other rights of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act;
- cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy or be otherwise injurious to any other person;
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization;
- involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising;
- give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case;
- be materially unrelated to the industry/market applicable to the VEI Solutions community; or
- consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of “spam” or unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
Ownership of Submissions
You represent and warrant that (a) you own the Submissions posted by you or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth above, (b) the posting and use of your Submissions do not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, contract rights, Intellectual Property Rights or any other rights of any person, and (c) the posting of your Submissions does not result in a breach of contract between you and a third party. By displaying or publishing any Submissions, you hereby grant to VEI Solutions a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Submissions and all Intellectual Property Rights contained therein, including, without limitation, distributing part or all of such Submissions in any media formats through any media channels. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you waive your right to enforce against VEI Solutions, our assignees, our sub-licensees, and their assignees your Intellectual Property Rights in your Submissions in connection with our, those assignees’, and those sub-licensees’ use of such Submissions.
Monitoring and Enforcement
Deleted Submissions may be stored by VEI Solutions in order to comply with certain legal obligations and is not retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, we encourage you to maintain your own backup of your Submissions. In other words, VEI Solutions is not a backup service. VEI Solutions will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Website or Social Media Accounts, or the loss of any Submissions.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The Website may include content provided by third parties, including without limitation, materials provided by our business partners and product and pricing information provided by our suppliers. All content, statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by VEI Solutions, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of VEI Solutions. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
We do not undertake to review material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party.
Copyright Infringement Policy
Notice of Copyright Infringement
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), VEI Solutions has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed infringements. VEI Solutions has also designated an agent to receive notices of claimed copyright infringement. If you believe in good faith that your copyright has been infringed, you may send us a written notice identifying the copyright infringement, which contains:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description specifying the location on the Website or Social Media Accounts of the material that you claim is infringing;
- your email address and your mailing address and/or telephone number;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf;
- a true and correct copy of a Copyright Registration Certificate issued by an appropriate governmental unit with respect to the copyrighted work upon which the claim is based; and
- a true and correct copy of the deposit of the copyrighted work submitted by you to the appropriate governmental unit in connection with the your application to register the copyrighted work.
Please submit your notice to our designated copyright agent:
Golan Christie Taglia LLP
c/o VEI Solutions
70 W. Madison, Suite 1500
Chicago, Illinois 60602
Attention: Beverly Berneman
If you believe that a notice of copyright infringement has been improperly submitted against you, you may submit a counter-notice, pursuant to Sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the DMCA. You may send us written notice identifying your counter-notice regarding a claim of copyright infringement, which contains:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the material removed or to which access has been disabled;
- a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that removal or disablement of the material was a mistake or that the material was misidentified;
- your full name, your email address, your mailing address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District court (i) in the judicial district where your address is located if the address is in the United States, or (ii) located in the judicial district of COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS if your address is located outside the United States, and that you will accept service of process from the complainant submitting the notice or his/her authorized agent.
Please submit your counter-notice to VEI Solutions’ designated copyright agent to the address specified above.
Social Media Accounts Policy
No Representation or Warranty
The information presented on or through the Social Media Accounts is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not represent or warrant the accuracy, completeness, usefulness, timeliness, currentness, or reliability of such information. You agree and acknowledge that your review of all content on the Social Media Accounts is at your own risk, and you should not rely on any information or advice presented on or through the Social Media Accounts. Any reliance you place on such information or advice is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to our social media accounts, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. In addition, you agree that VEI Solutions is not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any information on the Social Media Accounts, even if it is defamatory, offensive, or illicit.
VEI Solutions does not endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted on the Social Media Accounts. Any online information or material, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those making the comments. Also, please keep in mind that if VEI Solutions follows another user’s account, “likes” another page, re-tweets, “favorites,” shares, or otherwise re-posts another user’s content, such an action does not constitute an endorsement.
Content on Social Media Accounts
All comments submitted or posted on the Social Media Accounts are considered Submissions and subject to the terms, conditions, requirements, and restrictions concerning Submissions as outlined above. In addition, VEI Solutions reserves the right to review, delete, edit, or move any Submissions on the Social Media Accounts and/or to block any social media follower in its discretion.
Use of Social Media Accounts
The Social Media Accounts are not the appropriate place to resolve issues, complaints, or suggestions about individual sales and service experiences of our products and services. This does not mean we do not want to hear about such issues, but these types of concerns are best handled by trained representatives. If you’re interested in sharing comments or feedback outside the scope of the Social Media Accounts, you can send a message through our “Contact Us” page at https://veisolutions.com/contact-us/. Comments may be forwarded to other VEI Solutions departments and personnel to ensure appropriate follow-up.
Changes to the Website
We may update the content on the Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
The owner of the Website is based in the state of Illinois in the United States. We provide the Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you are acting on your own initiative at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER VEI SOLUTIONS NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH VEI SOLUTIONS MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER VEI SOLUTIONS NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH VEI SOLUTIONS REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
VEI SOLUTIONS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL VEI SOLUTIONS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, COVER, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE, ANTICIPATED PROFITS, BUSINESS OR SALES, ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL OR REPUTATION, OR THE COSTS OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, EVEN IF VEI SOLUTIONS OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE THEREOF HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ADDITION, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE (INCLUDING OUR PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AND AFFILIATES, AND OUR AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES) ARE NOT LIABLE, AND YOU AGREE NOT TO HOLD US RESPONSIBLE, FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM:
- YOUR USE OF OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS;
- THE VEI SOLUTIONS’ CONTENT OR OTHER GUIDANCE PROVIDED BY VEI SOLUTIONS
- DEFECTS IN OR ANY INACCURACIES CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS;
- DELAYS OR DISRUPTIONS IN THE WEBSITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS;
- VIRUSES OR OTHER MALICIOUS SOFTWARE OBTAINED BY ACCESSING OR LINKING TO THE WEBSITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS];
- GLITCHES, BUGS, ERRORS, OR INACCURACIES OF ANY KIND IN THE WEBSITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS;
- DAMAGE TO YOUR HARDWARE DEVICE FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS;
- THE CONTENT, ACTIONS OR INACTIONS OF THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING ANY SUBMISSIONS POSTED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS OR THE MISREPRESENTATIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY;
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of damages, so such exclusions may not apply to you. The limitation of liability set forth above shall only apply to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Attorneys’ Fees and Costs
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by VEI Solutions, Inc.
VEI Solutions, Inc.
1800 Howard St
Elk Grove, IL 60007
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: email@example.com.
If you are a California resident, in accordance with Cal. Civ. Code §1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.